Legal Manager - London Office
Main Duties & Responsibilities
The Legal Manager will manage a small team of legal and administrative fee earners, be responsible for the origination, review and management of a wide range of legal and company secretarial documentation and the efficient allocation and supervision of work carried out by the other members of the team.
- Efficient coordination of legal activity in London Office
- Effective control and monitoring of the legal activity
- Ensure key stakeholders are communicated to in real time and accurately
- Management of risks and issues
- Manage fee earners to ensure best practice in the execution and delivery of complex legal matters
- Support the Board of Directors to maintain a high reputation for delivery
- Build a credible relationship with the Board of Directors
- Work collaboratively with external offices in the group
The successful candidate will have a direct impact on the company’s approach to improving service quality and efficiency and as such the role will suit candidates with experience in the following roles who are interested in broadening the scope of their legal executive role and taking on a people management role:
- In-house counsel with international law exposure; and
- Candidates with experience at a small to medium sized international law firm.
- Legal professional accreditation or evidence that the candidate is working towards it.
- Post legal qualification experience in the industry or comparable and demonstrably relevant work experience in the industry
- Experience with project management and the management of transactions in an international law firm or in-house legal environment.
- Able to address complex issues in written and oral communications
- Commercial understanding of financials and strong numeracy skills
- Degree level qualification
- People management skills
- Excellent drafting skills
Knowledge and technical skills
- Able to practically apply legal experience to projects as well as delivering support to complex matters
- Competent with all Microsoft office software and interested in new and developing technology.
- Good analytical skills, ability to research and produce concise and timely information
- Empathy and directional – ability to have empathy with fee earners, however balance this with clear management advice
- Unfazed by dealing with matters outside of the candidate’s direct experience
Our working environment is genuinely collaborative with a supportive atmosphere and team ethos – we have a reputation for a friendly culture which we are very proud of.
Current vacancies within the Group
We are always looking for people who strive for the best performance. Fidux Trust encourages and values the diversity of its people. If you are interested in working in an international environment, our human resources manager will be pleased to receive your CV and references via e-mail: